Welcome!

Welcome to the blog of writer M.G. Ainsworth who currently finds her muse to write after nine....

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tidal waves, nukes, taxes and other unpleasant things

I will admit I have not written much so far this week as I have been focused on unpleasant things, foremost being the massive earthquake and tsunami in Japan, the unfolding nuclear drama, and the annual tax ritual. Between the drama unfolding on TV and the drama unfolding in my household after finding out my husband did not log his business miles for the year, kindergarten can't be considered a childcare expense and we may owe taxes my muse has taken cover. I hope to coax it out by the weekend. Yes, there are a lot of sad things happening but there are stories of hope as well. The survivor found after 4 days at sea, happy reunions with missing loved ones, people from many countries working together in the spirit of humanity. Emotion makes us human. Knowing sorrow allows us to appreciate the good things, knowing how virulent hate can be allows us to appreciate love more. This week I intend to love despite the bad things. I think it's an exercise we should all undertake at one time or another. When my muse resurfaces I hope to take the emotions of the week and put them to good use. Who wants to read a book that was written absent of emotion?

Until my muse returns, please join with me in appreciating and thanking God for the love in our lives and joining our hearts with those in sorrow, keeping the people of Japan and all those affected close in our hearts and prayers.

Melanie

3 comments:

  1. Well said Melanie, and agrees... lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been weighing heavily on my mind as well. My heart aches for them, and I am so worried about the nuclear threat that is looming over our heads.

    I hope you are able to hear your muse sing soon! And maybe you can turn the pain, and fear everyone is experiencing into something beautiful.

    ReplyDelete