Welcome!

Welcome to the blog of writer M.G. Ainsworth who currently finds her muse to write after nine....

Thursday, March 24, 2011

SPF

First off, a big welcome to my new followers, especially those from Twitter.


When I started this blog my intent was to tell you about my books, although at present the more accurate description is book in progress.


SPF is the story of Nikki Truman, a girl on the cusp of 17. Nikki has grown up with an allergy to sunlight. The older she gets, the worse it becomes. She is basically a prisoner in her home when the story begins. Her Mother told her she inherited the allergy from her Father but what her Mother doesn't disclose is that her Father is a (drumroll please.......................) Vampire. She fled when pregnant with Nikki because she thought he was a Monster. Her Vampire blood has slowly been consuming her human blood since birth with the traits of Vampirism manifesting as she ages. At 17 the change is complete, including a need to drink blood to survive.


As if this wasn't complicated enough, her lone friend Cade,who also happens to be her boyfriend, disappeared under mysterious circumstances several months prior. On her 17th Birthday a surprise visit from Vampire Cousins she never knew existed sends her on a runaway journey to meet her Father and extended Family. As Nikki adapts to being a Vampire she learns that her Father still cares for her Mother, and that her boyfriend's earlier disappearance is part of a larger plot to bring down her family from their position of power in the Vampire world. Will Nikki's Dad get his happy ending with her Mother? Will Nikki's love for Cade survive the evil plot that has followed Nikki from Oregon to Quebec and will the family she is meant to be a part of survive unscathed?


Guess you'll have to read to find out! This is the first in what I visualize as a three book series. I am still writing and don't have a date I intend to publish yet (at this point I intend to e publish), but I hope to have the first chapter posted on my blog soon.


Thanks for following!


Melanie

7 comments:

  1. *rubs hands together* I. Can't. Wait!!! Very well written synopsis! How exciting! All of these up and coming authors with amazing books! What is the world to do???

    XO
    ~M.D.~

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, Melanie, this sounds awesome.

    Can you imagine one day we'll all be published and the world can look and see what HP has done by bringing us all together. So proud to know you all and for you to call me friend...

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Squeal of delight* Love this description and I can't wait to read it! Hurry, hurry, hurry, lol. (No pressure!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all! I am writing as fast as I can! Wish I could write full time but doing the best I can!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the summery and look forward to reading your book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds great! Hope you're working fast!

    ReplyDelete